Cancellation of visa and labour contract when appeal verdict is pending

Hello Sir/ Madam,

I worked as an IT Engineer in a company in Dubai. I had a labour case and was transferred to Dubai Courts. The judgment which was passed from the Dubai Court of First Instance was in my favour but my employer has gone for an appeal. I would like to know if I can cancel my labour contract and my visa, I currently have an offer from a freezone company and they are just waiting for my visa cancellation, I am jobless for the past 5 months and am having real problems to make meets end. I do not know if this is the right platform to ask this question, I was doing a search and came across your website. It would be really helpful if you could give me an answer to this.

Regards

This entry was posted in Legal Advice. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Cancellation of visa and labour contract when appeal verdict is pending

1. KK Bose says:

Your labour contract and visa can be cancelled while your labour case is pending in the Court. You may approach your employer for cancellation failing which you may approach the Ministry of Labour and Emigration and produce proof of the court case and they will cancel your work permit and visa.

• Shahryar Wahid says:

Hi sir, need your guide line. I I worked as Sales Executive in a Real Estate company in Dubai. I had a labour case and was transferred to Dubai Courts. The judgment which was passed from the Dubai Court of First Instance was in my favour but my employer has gone for an appeal. I Cancelled my labour card through court, my passport is with company. I would like to ask that is there any chance that i can get my visa cancelled without passport? I am jobless for the past 5 months and am having real problems to make meets end. I was doing a search and came across your website. It would be really helpful if you could give me an expert opinion.

• Anil Mohan says:

Sir/madam

I worked as an Site supervisor in a company in Dubai. I had a labour case and was transferred to Dubai Courts. The judgment which was passed from the Dubai Court of First Instance was in my favour but my employer has gone for an appeal. I would like to know if I can cancel my labour contract and my visa,i had completed my contract period of 3 yrs and now my labor card and visa has expired, I currently have an offer from a company in dubai and they are just waiting for my visa cancellation, I am jobless for the past 5 months and am having real problems to make meets expenses of self and family.I am in aver bad situation, I was doing a search and came across your website. It would be really helpful if you could give me an answer to this.

2. Sujo says:

Hi Sir / Madam,
    My sponsor is holding my passport after cancellation of my labour card & I’m awaiting for final emmigration cancellation in the passport.
    Now sponsor is not releasing passport and he want to file some cases against me to put me under trouble.
    Please let me know the possibility of the company to file a new case against me after cancellation of my visa from Ministry of Labour.
    is there is any legal validity for this?

regards
    SJ

• johjan says:

i have the same case to that my employer filed a case of abscond while my labour card is already cancelled and not giving me my passport,as they told me that they only gave my passport if i have a visa! i keep asking my passport but still they refusing to give it to me,its been 3 months i overstay and now i found a job freezone but they can not process my visa due that i have absconding case,i go immigration to settled the case but its three times now my sponsor did not appear in immigration for settlement!
      do i have a chance to lift my abscond case and can get new visa with my new employer
      what happened in your case,did you get new visa

3. N. Manoj says:

I am under the sponsorship of a company in Dubai working as showel operator. My daughter is also under my sponsorship (Studying in RAK), my wife under the sponsorship of a freezone company in RAK.I have been under the sponsorship of this company since last 5+ years. Company closed and owner absconded after my visa renewal. My 4 months salary was pending when the company closed. I have filed a case with labour, then after 1+years, this month I got judgement in my favour and received the photocopy of salary settlement cheque.I have to cancel my visa to get the money. I could not cancel the visa and work card from the closed company as there was no body in the company. Now the court officials informed that I can only change my job to Emigration Visa, other wise one year ban will be imposed. I am not getting job in Freezone Company. I have verbal job offer from a labour visa company in RAK. Please suggest me a way so that I can lift this ban ? I cannot leave my daughter and wife in UAE alone.

4. Yam says:

I ve been terminated from my company and will have a case against them next week because in the MOL hearing they start lying and said they can prove that I need nothing from them.
    however I found my dream job in a multinational company during this week and my job will be on site (im an engineer).
    1- can i cancel my visa and work in the new job while the case is ongoing?
    2- hence i will be working in a remote site what will happen if i coudnt attend the court hearing?
    3- I still have to apply for the case in the court as the MOL told me to come get your report this week. can I just ignore it or drop the case to cancel my visa and start my new job?

5. jose p varghese says:

I have signed a contract for 2 years as follow up clerk in a company in dubai after 1 year, company have no work and ask me try any other company for job.

if my present sponsor cancell my visa, may i have labour ban for six months?

can this company to transfer my visa?

6. Naima says:

I work in a tv channel, they have terminated me without any notice, they call me in dubai courts, but i won case, during case period they were asking for dates for hearings, which took me long time, now judgement is over, and they appeal, which take another couple of months, can you tell me how i can get rid of these things?

7. Philomena Anthony says:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am working in this company since April 2013 when i was on a visit visa they hired me and my visa took long so i had to extend my visit visa and the company didnt pay for it after the visa was issued i did the exit to Kish and i had to pay all the expense at the time of employment or in the contract they didnt mention that i have to take care of the petty cash which was a surprise to me when they said its the part of the job and i requested to them that i am not from accounts field and i cannot take care of it as my Resume also shows my previous job history where i have never done any money related work but they still forced me, after 6 months they asked me to make a report of the petty cash and i didnt know how to tally there was a huge short and i was not given any training they said that i have utilised the money and i have to pay i told them that i didnt use any money but still they kept toturing me mentally and i was tired because everytime they said we will take legal action or u give the money. I got tired and I went to the labour and i told them everything even my visa is of other company which is of my Arbab and i work in the other company after that they went to the court and the judgement was done under my favour but they were not happy with the judgement and they applied in the higher court now i have health issue which the company knows very well the doctor has given the certificate that i have to do the surgery which will cost 20-25 thousand dirham and i dont have any insurnace from the company i want to go to my country and do my treatment i dont have any 1 here please help me what i should do can i cancel my visa i dont want to work in this company but i m ready to work somewhere else please tell me what i should do.

thanks.

8. Muzaffar Ali says:

Respected Members,
    Good Day

I was working in Business Bay I was not get paid my Salary Feb and March 2014 I request him many times he use to say today this week that day every time some new stories so I file a case against company and in Dubai court case was in my favor but he didn’t attend Dubai Court and court giving me dates and I am unable to survive in this expensive city without any source of income. In last month in India my family had problem and i need to go India so I call him he said just take your labor case he will give one salary and ticket to India on his words i have withdrawn my labor case on 10th Aug 2014 since a week same stories today tomorrow he is not canceling my visa and not lifting my calls his mobile

Please help me what to do where i have approach to cancel my Visa please let me now the procedure to get out of this company.

Thanks